Wild-Isles

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Wild Isles. Earth is shattered, and two hundred has passed since the last human gas walked these lands. Civilizations crumbled, but few cities remain, claimed by nature. strange creatures step up in humanity's place. Can you survive?

3 posters

I have a question...

Willow
    Willow

I have a question... Empty I have a question...

Post by Willow Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Could I, conceivably, bring one of my original species in and play it as a Hell Cat?
    They are small, averaging 7 lbs and have no mouths, but feed off of ultraviolet light and oxygen in whatever environment they find themselves in. They have three tendrils on the back of their head and neck and three...er, gills I suppose would be the most accurate way to describe them, three on either side of their chin...I can provide a link to the species description and an example ...but apparently I'm not yet allowed to. :3
    I understand if this is not acceptable. There will be no hard feelings if the answer is no. =^.^=
    Fragment

I have a question... Empty Re: I have a question...

Post by Fragment Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:13 pm

That actually sounds pretty nice! I like when people like to add their own pizzazz to a site.
    I'd have to wait until Dezzi says something, but I'm pretty sure she'll approve. You've already got a vote from me c:
    Willow
    Willow

Post by Willow Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Cool! :3
    I look forward to hearing what Dezzi has to say. I'll have to either wait a few days til I can post links, or send you or her a pm with the links. <3
    Dezzi
    Dezzi
    Admin

Post by Dezzi Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Sounds fine to me . Go for it.
    Willow
    Willow

Post by Willow Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:24 am

WOO HOO! Very Happy Thank you very much! I would also open them up to any one else who would like to play one. =^.^=
    Fragment

Post by Fragment Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Woo, I have a character or two to add as well!
    Willow
    Willow

Post by Willow Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Right on! Sorry a reply took so long. I had some RL drama I had to take care of.

Here's the species info for Ravyg:

Appearance:

They are a quadruped species that can walk upright if a situation calls for it, but they prefer to remain close to the ground. They have long triangular heads with three frills along their long necks that stand up on end and change colors rapidly while waving back and forth when threatened, to hypnotize their asailent so they may escape. Their tails are long, slender, durable and prehensile, making it easier for them cling to things like tree branches or roots in the water. Their legs are long and end in three toes, the toes on the front paws can be used as rudimentary fingers to grasp things, they do not have aposable thumbs. Each toe has a retractable claw one inch in length. They have no mouth, each Ravyg has three 'gills' on either side of their 'chin' that filter their food from their environment.

Size:

Hatchlings are between 8 ounces and 1 pound when first hatched.
    At adulthood Queens can be anywhere between 7 to 13 pounds, to remain healthy. they can be 10 to 15 inches from the 'nose' to the base of the tail, the tail is always 4 inches longer than the body. They are 8 to 10 inches tall from shoulder to ground.
    Females are between 10 and 18 pounds, 13 to 18 inches from 'nose' to base of tail. They are 11 to 14 inches tall from shoulder to ground.
    Males are between 15 and 22 pounds, 16 to 21 inches from 'nose' to base of the tail. They are 15 to 18 inches tall from shoulder to ground.

Genders:

Male, Female, Queen

Coloration:

Typically between one and four colors. Most frequently Queens are one solid color, Females are two different shades of the same color and Males are three or four complimentary colors. All genders tails are either black or tan.

Markings:

Queens are devoid of major markings and instead have jewel eyes. All Queens are blind.
    Females may have images on their bodies of things naturally occuring in their environment to serve as a sort of camoflauge.
    Males almost always have a gradient of colors, but some smaller ones can also have flora images on their bodies to trick preditors into thinking they are female.

Species Behaviors:

Ravyg are docile by nature, and fairly inaucuous in appearance. They will, however defend themselves and anyone they deem family even at the cost of their own life, and will use either their very dense claws, or their tail as a whip or garote.

Diet:

Ravyg absorb and filter Ultra Violet Rays to nourish their bodies. They can also 'consume' Oxygen from water much like a fish does to breathe.

The fact that they absorb ultra violet rays makes their flesh and blood poisonous to most predators.

Life Span:

From hatching to 'old age' is 30 years. Queens will generally live between 40 and 200 years and will continue to clutch until their last year.

Females will live between 25 to 50 years, though some may live much longer if there are no Queens in their territory.

Males have the highest mortality rate and will live between 15 to 35 years.
    A typical Queen clutch is 8 to 12 eggs, half of which will almost always be male, usually more, 2 or 3 will be female and 1 in every thousand will be a Queen, which will be protected above all others and the Dam or Sire will likely carry it with them where ever they go to ensure it's continued safety.

When they are laid, eggs are soft and leathery and about the size of a golf ball, they are oblong in shape and they will expand to the size of apples and the shells will harden in between 2 to 6 hours from the time it is laid. The eggs are then then moved from land to the water, generally warm water near volcanoes or on the Coast of Fire.

A Queen or Female will carry eggs for 6 weeks from conception, after they are laid it will be another 6 to 8 weeks before they hatch. The shell of the egg will always reflect the coloration of what the hatchling inside will look like at adulthood. All Ravyg are black with three white spots on their throat and belly when hatched until they mature at at four and a half years.

A typical Female clutch is 3 to 6 eggs 3/4 of which are Female. Females cannot lay Queen eggs.

Habitat:

Primarily coastal, where they have easy access to both water and sunlight. It is not uncommon to find them near rivers, lakes and estuaries, where they tend to lay their eggs. They will also sometimes congregate near volcanoes during the colder seasons or when raising a brood.

Interspecies Relations:

They get along well with most other species on their world, however, the Omnimodus Luminare see them as a threat and are incredibly hostile toward them.

Language:

Ravyg have no mouths, they do have vocal chords though. Similar to those of a cat, they emit a hum like purr.
    The frills on their head and neck can also be used to communicate over long distances, since they glow various colors and each Ravyg can control what those colors are at any given time to express certain emotions or instructions.

Dieties:

There is one Ravyg Diety, an Eternal Queen who is older than any can remember. Her name is Fayce, she is the first Ravyg, and Mother of every Ravyg. She is all loving and Ever Living.

Weaknesses:

A pregnant Ravyg can become so egg heavy that they literally cannot move. Not horribly engorged, just immoble. All of their energy goes to making eggs. They are extremely vulerable when pregnant and emit a very strong scent so that other Ravyg can find a8nd protect them. Unfortunately this scent also attracts the Ravyg's natural preditors if there are any near by.

Shiny things! Oh, they LOVE shiny things!!! XD

Naming Your Ravyg:

All Ravyg have one word names consisting of an odd number of letters, the middle letter is always 'Y'. They can 3, 5, 7 or 9 letters. No numbers, and no spaces.

------------------------------------------------------------------

These are currently only available through eggdoptables, or by special application for those on th Wild-Isles forum.

Also, this is a very rough draft of what they are. Just something I sneezed out over the last couple of days. Now I'm going to go and work on a contest entry for something over on DA. :cool:
    Willow
    Willow

Post by Willow Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Oops...that ladt bit was supposed to be edited out. My bad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:42 pm